Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Photo Cards




For Mother's Day, I made photo cards to give my grandma, mother, and mother-in-law.  I got the accordion card idea from Cathy Williams at the Stamping Friends Regional Gathering.  She had a sample of a beautiful rose accordion card.  On her inside panels, she lined it with DSP.  I looked at it and thought it would be perfect for adding photos.  I made my mother-in-law an extra-large one (out of a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock) and she really loved it.


Supplies used: Rose Wonder Bundle (thinlits and stamps), Glimmer paper (Red, Dazzling Diamonds, and Blushing Bride), Old Olive cardstock, Botanical Gardens vellum (from 2016 SAB), Real Red or Regal Rose ink pad (depending on the color of glimmer rose), Old Olive or Pear Pizazz ink pad, Envelope punch board, Red envelope paper, In Color Envelop paper

Measurements:
--Card base: 5 3/4" by 11".  Score at 4", 6 1/2", and 9 1/2".  (For the large card I used the same scoring guidelines, but just used an entire piece of cardstock).
--Vellum panel: 1 1/4" by 5 1/2"
--White cardstock for back panel: 4 x 5 1/2"
--Photo measurements: 2 3/4" square (x 2) for left panel, 2 1/4" by 2 3/4" (x 2) for right panel.
--Envelope: Follow the guidelines for a 4 1/2 by 6 card, start with an 8 1/2" square piece of paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment