Monday, May 2, 2016

New Obsession--Project Life

I wasn't interested in scrapbooking.  I had decided it was just one of those things I wasn't going to do anymore because I couldn't keep up with it, it was too time-consuming, I had a family blog I printed out, etc.  I didn't think it was necessary and I wasn't interested in adding any additional crafty hobbies to my life, card making was enough.  I ignored everything in the Stampin' Up catalog that was Project Life related.  I was not interested in scrapbooking; thank you very much.  Ha!  It kind of reminds me of how I told myself I wasn't going to get a Big Shot because I really didn't need to emboss or die-cut anything...you should see how much I use that thing!

Well...the December Paper Pumpkin kit had twelve cute calendar pages/cards for each month of the year.  See my post about it HERE.  I spent a lot of time and creative energy embellishing those pages with holiday themes, and I didn't want to just throw those calendar cards away when the month ended.  Those cards just happened to fit perfectly in the Project Life pockets.  I saw the idea of making a two-page spread for each month of the year, using the calendar cards to put in the pockets.  I was intrigued.  Two pages a month?  That sounded really doable.  Maybe I was a little interested after all....

Three months went by and I finally decided I had better get started before I got too overwhelmed.  I purchased an album, some pocket pages, and the Season Snapshots 2015 Project Life kit that was on clearance.  I printed out some photos, added them to pockets, made some title cards and added a few journal cards from the Seasonal Snapshots 2015 kit, and I was on my way.  I LOVED IT!  It was so fun!  The best part was knowing I had created something that wasn't going to end up in the trash in the near future.  I ended up doing more than two pages per month and I really enjoyed it.

Since I found myself enjoying Project Life so much, I thought other people might enjoy it too.  I couldn't sleep at night because my mind was racing with ideas for a Project Life Holiday camp.  I've been working on creating this camp the past week and I have loved designing the layouts and making specialty cards for some of the pockets.  The camp isn't until July 9th, but I'm posting it now because I'm too excited to wait!  Read all about it HERE.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.  I hope to start a monthly club in September where friends can get together to preserve memories in a creative and enjoyable way.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I TOLD you! PL is AWESOME! Welcome to Scrapping...the easy way.

    BTW, your pages look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RaeLyn, you were right! I have been meaning to e-mail you to let you know I was enjoying it. Thanks for all the encouragement. I still remember scrapbooking together years ago! I wish you were close enough to get together again!

    ReplyDelete