Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Card I Couldn't Wait to Make




The fall leaves this year have been exceptionally gorgeous and I can't help but gush over them every time I go somewhere.  Running errands has never been so enjoyable!  I have been wanting to create a card that captured the beauty of fall, but I have been so busy with other things, I couldn't get to it until today.  My inspiration for this card was from this post.  I simplified the card and used markers to get the different colors on the leaves instead of sponge daubers. I loved how Wendy used gold Stickles (not a SU product) to make the leaves shimmer and I couldn't wait to try it out myself.  I think the effect is awesome, though it may be hard to see in a photo.  This isn't a card I would mass produce, as the marker coloring and gold stickle adding were a bit time-consuming, but I did make a few to send as thank-yous for my October birthday and also a birthday card to send to my grandma who is turning 91 this week!


Supplies Used
Stamps: Lovely as A Tree, Tin of Cards
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, and Chocolate Chip Cardstock
Ink: Espresso Ink pad (for greeting); Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, and More Mustard markers (for trees)
Acessories: Buttons, Gold Cording Trim

I also made another set of fall cards using the Lovely As a Tree set.  This set has been in the catalog for years and years, but I just finally purchased it this month.  I'm so glad I did because I love it!  More to come with this set being used to make Christmas cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment