Sunday, April 3, 2016

Easter Treats

I made these adorable little pouches as an Easter treat for my piano students.  Each pouch holds two chocolates.  I found a big bag of Ghirardelli chocolate bunnies at B.J.'s for $10 (44 chocolates in the bag).
  


I found instructions for making the pouch from Dannie Graves here.  I had to tweak the measurements and trim two corners to make it work for the bunny size chocolates.  You can make four pouches out of one 12x12 piece of DSP.  I used DSP from the 2014-2016 In Color paper stack, and some from the It's My Party paper stack.  The words are from the Crazy For You stamp set.

Watch Dannie's video linked above to see how to score and fold the pouch using the Simply Scored diagonal plate.  These are my measurements and some general instructions:

Start with a 5 1/2 inch square piece of DSP.  I'm showing white to make it easy to see.  Score from one corner to another, then score 1/2 " on each side of that middle line.  Rotate your DSP to the left one turn, and score diagonally 1 1/2" from each corner.  Scoring is done.

Turn so the wide strip is running down the middle.  Fold the two sides in and trim the corners that go over the edge.

With the sides folded in, fold the DSP in half towards you on the score line that runs down the the middle.

Then lift at the bottom and fold it backwards on the 1/2" score lines.  Watch the video if this is totally confusing!

Punch a hole in the top and tie closed with a ribbon.  That's right, no adhesive.  Bonus!

Decorate the pouch and fill with chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment