Friday, August 4, 2023

Daisy Bay Window Fun Fold Card

 

The bay window fun-fold card was a new one for me!  I received the following card in the mail from Carol LeFave last Mother's Day and knew I wanted to give it a try!

I wanted to use the beautiful Countryside Inn DSP and Cheerful Daisies bundle to create this card.  The card does lay flat to mail and it does open.  After you open it, you tuck one little flap under the inside piece to get the bay window look.  This was one of the make & takes at my recent craft retreat.

When the card is flat, you don't see the DSP on the right side
because that piece is on the inside.

Inside view. The left floral flap is glued down flat.

I don't know who to credit with the original measurements for this fun fold card, but I will post them below.
 
Measurements (in inches):
  • Boho Blue card base: 4-1/4 x 11, score at 5-1/2, 6-1/2, 7-3/4, 9-1/2, and 10-3/4
  • Boho Blue (strip on the inside): 1 x 4-1/4
  • DSP (floral): 3/4 x 4 (cut 2)
  • DSP (navy striped): 1-1/2 x 4
  • White (inside): 3-1/8 x 4
  • White: scraps to die-cut the daisies and the tag
You can see a video of me cutting and putting this card together HERE.  I used a sponge dauber to add Lemon Lolly ink to the flower centers.  I daubed Granny Apple Green on the leaf and Boho Blue on the flower edges.

I hope you enjoy making this fun fold card.  I thought it was pretty cool and fairly simple compared to some.  Give it a try!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment